NeoStem is building a dominant IP portfolio within the field of cell therapy to protect its cutting edge technologies. Notably, this patent estate includes composition of matter patents for AMR-001 and the Company’s T Regulatory Cell product candidate. Our patent estate includes composition of matter and method claims and a geographic breadth of filings. NeoStem’s IP portfolio focuses on immunology, cardiology, orthopedic, wound healing, stem cell isolation and purification, and VSELTM treatment indications.
CD34 Cell Program
We have 6 granted or allowed U.S. patents and 10 granted or allowed O.U.S. patents covering AMR-001. We have 20 U.S. and O.U.S. patent applications pending. Specifically:
- U.S. Patent No. 7,794,705 covering a chemotactic stem cell product enriched for CD34+ cells that treats injury from AMI;
- U.S. Patent No. 8,088,370 covering the use of AMR-001 in the repair of injury caused by vascular insufficiency, including all forms of cardiac insufficiency, such as congestive heart failure, chronic myocardial ischemia and, we believe, vascular insufficiency induced ischemic conditions beyond the cardiac setting;
- U.S. Patent Nos. 8,343,485 and 8,425,899 offering expanded breadth in AMR’s composition and treatment methods in the vascular insufficiency setting.
- U.S. Continuation Application 13/295,240 and 13/685,585 expand range of cell concentration and serum components
T Regulatory Cell Program
- Exclusive rights to 23 issued patents covering isolation, activation, expansion and methods of treating or preventing certain conditions and/or diseases using Tregs in U.S. and major international markets
- Includes composition of matter patents and method patents
VSELTM Technology Program
- In-licensed from the University of Louisville the world-wide patent rights and know-how regarding the isolation, purification and therapeutic use of very small embryonic-like (VSEL™) stem cells
Information accurate as of April 18, 2014.