We have the experience
Our resume speaks for itself. NeoStem has:
- Processed cell units that have been transplanted into more than 6,000 patients and/or participants of clinical studies. 100% of units released have been viable for transplant.
- Served over 100 leading organizations including stem cell banks, academic stem cell transplant and clinical therapy programs, as well as companies developing cell therapy products.
- Worked with more than 20 different types of cells.
- Stored over 20,000 cell products.
We assure the highest quality
We adhere to the cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) standards enforced by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA). cGMP regulations provide for systems that assure proper monitoring and control of manufacturing processes and facilities. Adherence to cGMP regulations assures the identity, strength, quality, and purity of cellular products by requiring that service providers adequately control manufacturing operations. cGMP is the highest FDA standard.
There are only a small number of leading-edge commercial cell banks which require all their adult stem cell units to be banked in cGMP compliance. When you choose NeoStem for your adult stem cell banking needs you can be assured of the strictest compliance with cGMP standards.
Our apheresis derived stem cells have advantages over adipose derived stem cells
We collect stem cells using apheresis (a medical technology where the blood of the client is passed through an instrument that separates out the stem cells from the blood and the remainder of the cells are returned to circulation) as opposed to collecting them from the adipose tissue (body fat), the advantages of which are:
- Apheresis derived stem cells are almost always available whereas adipose derived stem cells may not be.
- Apheresis derived stem cells are more capable of inducing angiogenesis than adipose derived stem cells. (Angiogenesis is the physiological process where new blood vessels are formed from pre-existing vessels. This is important in wound healing as well as in other disease states.)
- Mesenchymal stem cells from apheresis derived stem cells have greater potential to reduce inflammation.
- Apheresis derived stem cells contain greater numbers of hematopoietic multipotent stem cells than adipose derived stem cells.
We are accredited by key organizations
NeoStem strictly adheres to all quality assurance, quality control, and processing requirements of both federal and state regulations. In addition, the laboratory is also a member of, and accredited by, several organizations, including the FDA and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).
We offer a personal connection
Our specially-trained collection specialists will make you feel secure and comfortable throughout the whole process.
We are part of a strong corporate family
NeoStem, Inc. (NASDAQ:NBS) is a leader in the emerging cell therapy industry. NeoStem’s business model includes the development of novel proprietary cell therapy products as well as operating its wholly-owned subsidiary Progenitor Cell Therapy (PCT), a contract development and manufacturing organization, which provides services to others in the regenerative medicine industry.
NeoStem partners with the Vatican
NeoStem and its non-profit arm, The Stem for Life Foundation, have entered into a unique collaboration with the Vatican’s Pontifical Council and its charitable organization, STOQ International, to raise awareness about adult stem cell therapies. The partnership entails work on collaborative activities with the goal of advancing scientific research on adult stem cells and exploring their clinical application in the field of regenerative medicine, as well as the cultural impact of such research. The Vatican is committed to supporting safe and ethical science, including the use of properly collected adult stem cells, in research and the development of cellular therapeutics.
Read more about the collaboration between NeoStem and the Vatican.